Career Thought Leaders newsletter of 7/27/2017 shared the following statistics every professional should understand about the importance of social media in today's job search:
"5 DATA POINTS ON THE IMPORTANCE OF SOCIAL PROFILES (from JobVite and CareerBuilder):
- 70% of employers use social media to screen candidates
- 57% are less likely to interview a candidate they can't find online
- 54% have decided not to hire a candidate based on their social media profiles
- 92% of recruiters use social media in their outreach; 55% use Facebook, 87% use LinkedIn
- 67% who used social media to find their most recent job used Facebook"
If you need help creating an interview-winning LinkedIn profile, we would be happy to talk with you about our personalized writing services. Call 912-656-6857 to schedule your free 15-minute consultation.
Sharla Taylor is a Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW), Certified Career Enlightenment LinkedIn Writer (CCELW), experienced job search strategist, and published author. Sharla is the owner of Written by a Pro, a freelance writing and editing service. She approaches her business from a Christian perspective. Her favorite Scripture is Matthew 19:26 "with God all things are possible."
WRITTEN BY A PRO
Mon. - Thurs. by appointment only
Austin Farmer, graphic artist, is a graduate of Savannah College of Art and Design where he majored in Industrial Design and minored in Architecture. Austin creates marketing materials for businesses and uses his artistic and musical talents to enhance the worship service at Savannah Christian Church. His favorite Scripture passage is Isaiah 12:2.